“…the relief has been significant for me – to be able to recognise just how out of control things were for me….the Mindfulness meditation seems to have created a space between the problems I have and me so I can notice what is happening now before it all takes hold of me and that makes all the difference now. Without your wonderful work and communication in the group, I would still be stuck in the swirl of chaos.” JM, Tewantin Mindfulness Class
Next Online Course Dates and Times
To be announced
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is a very simple form of meditation for active, full and open attention on the present. Buddhist-based, it is now mainstream and openly embraced in the West as a non-dogmatic, non-religious method to naturally and non-critically observe your thoughts, feelings and bodily sensations for enhanced wellbeing.
Mindfulness moves us into engagement, power and awareness with the present moment, neither trapped in the past nor projecting into the future, or engaged in repetitive procrastination, distraction and sabotage. It moves us beyond learned judgments that our thoughts, feelings and bodily sensations are ‘good’ or ‘bad’, and into being more neutral and compassionate with ourselves.
In Mindfulness Meditation, we come to the understanding that our thoughts, feelings and bodily sensations are all transient. That these come and go continually (like leaves on a river) as a natural part of life, and that we need neither struggle with them, nor be bound by them. We powerfully come into awareness of negative patterns that do not serve us.
Mindfulness meditation through gentle focusing upon the breath enables one to take charge of life. Even undertaken for just a few weeks, the reported benefits of Mindfulness across all areas of our lives and in many different circumstances are well-documented and many, inclusive of:
- Reducing stress and anxiety in all areas of life, including the workplace
- improving immune system
- Out of ‘automatic pilot’ and into more focus and energy
- Positive emotions; enhanced memory, focus and concentration
- Greater sense of ease and perspective
- Sleeping better
- Relaxing more; reduces anxiety, ADD, tech-saturation, stress, depression, PTSD
- Greater self-awareness and wisdom
- Wellbeing and peak performance
- Deeper levels of self-acceptance, altruism, compassion
- Richer and deeper experience of day to day life
- Helping students in the classroom and with their studies
- Improves our relationships
- Studies and articles on the benefits of mindfulness meditation
(adapted from Mindfulworks NZ)
Unhook from unproductive thought and behaviours, and experience for yourself the powerful, life-changing results that Mindfulness can bring!
In conjunction with NZ / Australia-based Mindfulness Works, Fatima Bacot facilitates the 4-Session Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation Course. Each class builds powerfully from the next, and in a practical, step-by-step manner that is easy-to-follow and to apply.
Covering the fundamentals, and the science and philosophy of Mindfulness, the course is delivered complete with:
- streamable / downloadable mindfulness meditation audio files
- downloadable Workbook
- weekly emails
The 4 Online Sessions progress as follows to assist participants to develop their own unique Formal and Informal Practice:
Week 1: What is Mindfulness?
- What mindfulness is
- The benefits of mindfulness and meditation
- How to get the most from the course
- Guided body scan mindfulness meditation
- Question and answers / discussion
Week 2: Working with the Mind
- Why thinking can be problematical
- Practical ways to work with difficult thoughts
- Self-judgement and how to intervene
- Guided mindfulness meditation – counting the breath
- Questions and answers / discussion.
Week 3: Working with Emotions
- What are emotions?
- Learning to feel emotions
- The RAIN method
- Non-judgement and acceptance
- Guided mindfulness meditation on feelings
- Question and answers / discussion.
Week 4: Radical Acceptance
- What it means to be present
- How wanting causes stress
- Developing wisdom and insight
- Authentic self-compassion
- Open awareness guided mindfulness meditation
- Question and answers / discussion
- Next steps
Who is this Course Suitable For?
This Course is suitable for anyone (beginners, intermediate or advanced) personally and in the workplace to increase their wellbeing and quality of life. You will come to understand the workings of your mind, emotions and bodily sensations more powerfully, as well as be given techniques, methods and tools with which to cultivate the state of awareness that is Mindfulness, and that exists within us all. Ultimately, Mindfulness Meditation assists us with our capacity to make better choices for our Wellbeing….whether we are just starting out, are experiencing a challenging transition, or would like a refresher.
“Whilst my meditation practising is nowhere near perfect, my understanding of mindfulness has helped me deal with various situations where before I would have struggled, it has given me time to reflect, think and listen to myself and my feelings before I react, which is a life lesson that could have taken me years and many tears before I mastered it!” NM, Maroochydore Level Two
About your Course Facilitator
Fatima Bacot is a Mindfulness Trainer, New Thought Teacher, Mentor and Author. She is a leading, top-rated facilitator for MindfulnessWorks NZ/Australia. During 2016 alone, she taught Mindfulness to over 800 people in numerous contexts.
Fatima presents our far-ranging changes in ways that are illuminating and accessible. She teaches how to navigate change in ways that are balanced so you can thrive.
Additionally, in her private and group work, Fatima brings an incisive spotlight to all her clients, compassionately bringing to light outdated patterns. She prescribes the techniques whereby clients and students may heal and master themselves. She shares the wisdom of the ‘Inner Tools of Transformation’ that enable them to consciously create their realities, and to bring authentic balance and prosperity to all key life areas.
Fatima teaches classes, presents workshops, teleseminars and webinars, gives presentations, and consults privately. She has taught in-person throughout Australia, the United States and Mexico, and online to thousands globally.
You may find numerous Testimonials HERE.